Which to choose - AjaxMin or WebGrease?

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I read the previous two threads that mentioned WebGrease and I understand that it's a broader project that also uses AjaxMinifier internally (though by copy-pasting the code, not by referencing a NuGet package).

In my application I want to build something like Microsoft's bundler, but with the ability to add files from embedded resources to the bundles as well. And minifying dynamically generated css/js.

AjaxMinifier seems to have less dependancies (it's pretty well self-contained) and is always a bit ahead in development of WebGrease. WebGrease has a custom CSS minification engine, but it seems that it cannot be used from outside (at least I cannot find a way), so in essence I only get the same features as AjaxMinifier.

However WebGrease seems to be more popular these days (I gather that the latest releases of Visual Studio includes it in their default project templates through Microsoft's bundler?), and the author has suggested that people use that instead of AjaxMinifier directly. Could it be that AjaxMinifier is likely to be replaced by WebGrease full time?

Which should I rather use and why?
Sep 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM
I was wondering the same thing, this post answered the question pretty well: https://ajaxmin.codeplex.com/discussions/406476