AjaxMinTask missing from download

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi,

Should the AjaxMinTask.dll be missing from the msi installer and nuget download?

We're downloading the source to compile the tasks dll to use on our build server.

rgds

Dan

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Hmmm. It wasn't in the nuget before, but it should be in the MSI. I thought I checked that before I uploaded. Let me uninstall and reinstall.

Do you want it in the nuget? I can add it to the tools menu of the package (along with AjaxMin.tasks) if you think it would be useful.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM

No, it's there in the MSI. It's not installed at the same location as the EXE, though. Check out the main documentation page (http://ajaxmin.codeplex.com/documentation) and scroll down to the bottom, just before the comments. The EXE is installed into %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft\Microsoft Ajax Minifier, but the task build-stuff is installed into %PROGRAMFILES%\MSBuild\Microsoft\MicrosoftAjax. I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled the MSI, and it put everything right where it's supposed to be.

As I mentioned previously, only the library DLLs are in the nuget package. I'm thinking of creating a separate nuget package for ASP.NET projects that installs the tools and tasks and integrates them into the solution and project build. I've only recently started developing with ASP.NET MVC, so I have a few ideas now on how to make the build tasks work a little better than they currently do.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM

aha thanks, I'd missed that bit. We would find it useful to be in nuget if it's possible and doesn't bloat it too much. Or I guess it could be a separate package with a dependency on the main one.

rgds

Dan

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2012 at 5:44 AM

FYI: Release 4.66 has the task dll in the nuget package now.