Hypercrunch?

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Hi!

Most searched online to find proper usage of the tool talk about the hypercrunch option (-hc). However, AjaxMin.exe /? shows no information pertaining to that option. Can you please shed some light on this issue, and any considerations to be made when using this option?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Well, -H and -HC are old-style command-line switches from version 2 of the application. I ran out of single-letters, and in version 4 of the application moved to a more-verbose set of switches, as described in the usage text. "Hypercrunch" itself is old terminology -- the application by default gives the best level of minification, and switches are provided to turn off various features or to provide alternate behaviors (see your next post about comments).

Also, the -H option was the "hypercrunch" feature. The -HC option is the "Combine literals" variation, which I not only recommend not using, but I'm probably going to take it out of the application in a future release anyway. I have another discussion thread on the site where I opened up that topic with reasons why.

So to sum up: the proper usage is to provide am output file via the -o option, and a set of input files. The programs defaults are the best choice for most situations. See the usage text for turning off behavior if needed. Apologies for not having complete documentation yet; it's in the works.

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Got it. Many thanks!