Configure CssSettings To Not Remove Braces?

Mar 16 at 3:25 PM
The issue we're experiencing can be duplicated using the following example.

body,
body.master {
background: red;
}

{
font-size: 50px;
}

body,
body.master {
background: green;
}

Yes the "font-size" assignment is wrong and illegal, but every browser I've tested this on will skip past the invalid assignment and correctly change the background from red to green.

But when I run this CSS through AjaxMin and CssSettings, the left and right brace wrapping the "font-size: 50px;" assignment are removed, and any valid CSS after it is ignored -- the background remains as red.

I'm trying to figure out how to change the CssSettings configuration to either (1) remove the invalid assignment altogether, or (2) skip over it, leaving the braces intact.
Coordinator
Mar 16 at 7:53 PM
Aloha!

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to remove the errors - it should say it didn't expect that first opening brace, then just output the tokens unchanged until it can get to a good spot again. At least, that's my expectations.

Unfortunately I don't work at Microsoft anymore, so I can't touch the official version of the code. And I don't even have a Windows machine I can use to download the code and play around with it anymore - so there's not much I can do to help there. You should probably create an issue on the codeplex site, and maybe email the discussion group. I handed the keys to some other developers before I left, so they might be able to help.

Mahalo!
Ron