AjaxMin.tasks reference in project file

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hello AjaxMin Team,

I have added AjaxMin to my project using NuGet. Today I updated to version 4.67.4639.17289. When I did this a reference to AjaxMin.tasks which is included in the package was added to my project file. The reference contains an absolute path to the file. Locally my project builds fine. When I check-in my solution to TFS, and my build server does a build, it causes an error.

I have other projects which reference version 4.67.4639.17277 (only a couple of days older) and they do not have this reference in the project file.

Why and how was the reference to this file added to my project? Is it needed? If it is needed an intentionally added to projects going forward can you change it so that the path is relative to the solution?

Thanks,

Rush

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I'll take it out. The idea was that the project is added via nuget and hooked up automatically. Without it, the developer needs to find that path, unload their CSPROJ, edit it, then reload it. But I agree -- there's just too many variations in project-management styles out there, and there just isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. It'll be gone next update.

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Thanks ronlo. I am not opposed to including it in the project as long as the reference is relative to the solution.

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I see what you're saying. But still, you're not the first person to complain about the auto-updating scripts, so I think I'll still take them out.