.NET 4.0 anyone? Is everyone okay with moving up from .NET 2.0?

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

AjaxMin is currently built with the .NET 2.0 framework. I'd like to start using MEF for the source-map integration so anyone can write their own DLL that implements an ISourceMap object and have it sucked in at runtime and create whatever output they want without having me officially build it, add it to the project/executable, and release a new version. However, MEF requires .NET 4.0.

So my question to you all: would upgrading AjaxMin to .NET 4.0 break any of you currently using the tool? Or am I clear to update the .NET requirement?

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM

[cricket, cricket, cricket]

Well, I released 4.61 (and 4.62) built to the .NET 4.0 runtime. The nuget package has library DLLs for .NET 2.0, .NET 3.5, and .NET 4.0 if those are needed. I have the EXE available in .NET 2.0 and the AjaxMinTask.dll for .NET 3.5, if anyone wants those. Not sure how to deliver them, though; I don't want the nuget package to get too big, so shoot me a message if you want them (or download the sources and build them yourself). The current nuget package is geared towards someone who wants to use the AjaxMin library to build their own application that utilizes CSS minification and/or JavaScript parsing or minification. I was thinking of creating a separate nuget package for ASP.NET projects.: one that doesn't add any referenced libraries, but instead adds the tools and tasks to the solution/projects to minify CSS/JS on build.