Intellisense on CodeSettings/CommonSettings

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Would it be possible to add the documentation on the various settings to the CodeSettings and CommonSettings class properties? The names don't line up with the command line names, and the main documentation about these flags refers to the command line only. So, it can be difficult to discover that for example this from the release notes:

-braces:(new|same)

Maps to this in CodeSettings:

BlocksStartOnSameLine = true|false,
I was considering taking a first pass at this and submitting as a patch, but it appears only one Patch has been submitted, and it's still in review since 2010... doesn't seem a likely route.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I'll review the inline documentation for the CodeSettings class and fix any discrepancies.

The patch item is incorrect; that "patch" (allow ASP.NET <% ... %> constructs) was integrated into the product way back in Dec 2010 for version 4.11 -- it just wasn't marked as applied because we handled the code review, integration, and check-in over e-mail/TFS rather than through the CodePlex site. I went ahead and marked it as applied just now (I wasn't even subscribed to notifications for patches). Thanks for pointing that out!

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Awesome on both counts, thank you!

Just to be clear, it sounds like you do accept patches (so long as they're of reasonable quality/direction)?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Probably not, actually. According to Microsoft Legal, AjaxMin is only allowed to accept "code submissions" from Microsoft Full-Time Employees. I'm assuming here that CodePlex "patches" fall under that category.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

That's the spirit, Legal!

Thanks for the honest answer.